How Rihanna Saved My Face
So you've watched a MILLION skin care routine videos, and maybe you've even watched a million Fenty Beauty reviews. In this blog post, I'm going to talk to you about my new skin care routine and what the hell Rihanna has to do with it!
My whole life I've had dry skin. I even developed eczema my last year of college. But when Fenty Beauty launched with a soft matte foundation, I had to get it: 1) because it's black-owned and 2) because it's Rihanna and THREE) because there are FORTY SHADES. I scoured Youtube for reviews about the line. Fellow dry-skin beauties began uploading videos about how much they disliked the foundation because it enhanced their dry skin. I'm going to tell y'all right now, I DUN WA HEAR DAT SHIT.
You have to prep your skin for Fenty Beauty products. It's literally the PERFECT foundation. And you know what? I did prep it. And you know what else? It fucking worked. I mean, look at that photo! NOT ONLY did the foundation make my skin look flawless, but my skin had become almost flawless itself, minus a few scars. I mean honestly. What the hell do you think your skin needs if it's flaking off and has dry patches? YOU NEED MOISTURE. I always drown my hair in moisture, so hello, I need to drown my skin in it as well.
I began using Gloww Goddess products some months ago and loved everything about it. The line is all natural, affordable, and good for you. But it wasn't until I started using Fenty Beauty that I began taking my skin care routine seriously. Because I have dry skin, I have to exfoliate every day. I use the Himalayan Body Scrub from glowwgoddess.com. I love these products so much! Below is my daily routine, followed by my nightly routine:
- First thing in the morning, I exfoliate with my sugar scrub.
- I then take a cotton pad and add apple cider vinegar (ACV) all over my face and neck. This helps a ton with breakouts and dry skin. I dilute it slightly with water.
- I apply my Just Natural body oil (mixture of beneficial oils) to my face. If you have dry skin, drown that shit in this oil. DROWN IT. After I began adding extra oil to my face, it cleared up overnight. I haven't had a breakout since.
- Lastly, I spray my Gloww Goddess Lavender Fixative (rose water is also available) to prep my skin for my Fenty Beauty Primer & Foundation (I also spray after my makeup is complete).
- WASH YA MAKEUP OFF, SIS. Every single night I wash my makeup off in the shower with gentle soap and a rag. I use IVORY bar soap (EWG rating of 3; I'm ok with it because it contains no carcinogens). But I will be switching to a Gloww Goddess all natural bar soap soon.
- After my shower I again apply my ACV.
- Once dry, I apply another glob of oil, this time my Lavender Body Oil from Gloww Goddess. I like doing this at night because I feel that the lavender helps me sleep.
- Side note: I use a derma roller on the weekends after washing my face in the sink with soap and water. I add oil to prep my face for the needles. I derma roll for about 5-10 mins, then apply a face mask: bentonite clay + activated charcoal + lavender oil. I let that sit for about 30 mins and wash off, usually in the shower. I end my night by applying ACV and even more lavender oil. Do like Rih and POUR IT UP, POUR IT UP. Oil is your new bff.
My routine is pretty simple. That's what I love about it. I've only been doing this for two weeks, and I'm SO happy with the results. Check out Gloww Goddess for these products. Everything I mentioned is linked. I finally found something to make my skin really healthy, so try it out and let me know what you think! I also haven't had an eczema break out since using these. As far as Fenty Beauty goes, I'm in LOVE with every single product. I think I've got just about everything in the line; but is y'all ready for the Holiday Collection?! Every product works the way the team says it will. Y'all just need to read exactly how the product is supposed to be used. Prep ya skin. Get dat natural glow on. Like I said, I DUN WA HEAR DAT YA SKIN BE DRY EN FLAKEY. Take care of your skin. It's the largest organ on your body. If you're skin isn't healthy, you aren't healthy. Any review you see that isn't raving about this line, isn't doing the best for their skin. Thank you Rihanna for giving us a beauty line that celebrates diversity and natural beauty and also healthy and beautiful skin!
Please contact me or leave a message below if you have any questions. In the meantime, use my discount code LARS20 at glowwgoddess.com.
Thanks for reading!